See our page with information from MSBoston 2014 as well.
- Have relevance to pediatric MS and related disorders
- Have global scope
- Have scientific, clinical or educational merit
- Have participation from all qualified individuals or groups from the global membership
2 flagship projects are being developed:
- Research project: Earliest events in MS: Environmental risk factors in childhood MS
- Clinical project: Registry to evaluate therapeutic practices in complicated, acquired demyelinating conditions
A pilot proposal to determine feasibility of multinational biological studies in children (in preparation for the full research study on environmental risk factors in MS) has been funded by the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation and the Italian MS Society. The project began in the first half of 2011.
Face to face meeting of the IPMSSG steering committee (and members of the other committees) in Montreal in September 2008 – timed to coincide with ECTRIMS/ ACTRIMS/ LACTRIMS. We used this opportunity to bring together committee members and work groups to proceed on the projects and also to recruit new members to the study group.